Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Aperture update 3.0.3 released

Started by adamhanlon ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Aperture update 3.0.3 released

4 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    Apple have today released an update for Aperture 3

     

    It is available to download via software update.

     

    For full details of the changes, have a look here

     

    A brief synopsis is as follows:

     

    This update improves overall stability and fixes issues in a number of areas in Aperture 3. The key areas addressed include:

     

    * Applying adjustments such as Retouch or Chromatic Aberration

    * Creating and using Raw Fine Tuning presets

    * Viewing, adding and removing detected faces

    * Switching target printers and paper sizes when printing

    * Duplicating Smart Albums

    * Repairing and rebuilding Aperture libraries

    * Reconnecting referenced files

    * Working with GPS track files in Places

    * Searching for keywords in the Query HUD or Keyword Controls

     

    Adam

  2. I sooo want to upgrade, but given some of the issues some folks have had (see for example Tony Wu's experiences at http://www.tonywublog.com/20100401/problem...perture-3.html), I'm trying to hold out to version 3.1.

     

    Phil

    I have to say I really think Tony's experience is slanted by his experience with the first release of 3.0

    3.1 and 3.2 I think really fixed the upgrade issues.

    I think Aperture 3 is one of the sweetest programs I've ever used,the more I use it, the more I like it. Having said that, I'd make a copy of your Aperture library on a separate hard drive before you do the upgrade, so you can always go back if you want to, or need to. Another important thing is to do a rebuild of your Aperture 2 library before you do the upgrade. When you do the upgrade, also plan to do it when you can let your machine do it's thing for a few hours or overnight, depending on the size of it's library. On a later model MacPro or Mac Book Pro with enough RAM, Aperture 3 is absolutely worth the upgrade in my opinion.

    Edited by loftus
Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.