Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Blue Heron Scorpionfish

Started by Matt Sullivan ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Blue Heron Scorpionfish

3 posts
  1. Hey Wetpixelers,

     

    I found this scorpionfish in 4 feet of water at the Blue Heron Bridge in Florida and have no idea what it is.

    Any help with ID is appreciated. Thanks

     

    Matt

     

    124066093.jpg124066097.jpg

    Edited by MSully
  2. Hi Matt

     

    I found a very similar looking scorpionfish in Cuba a couple of years ago. After a lot of head-scratching and leafing through my ID books I decided it was a good-old spotted scorpion fish (Scorpaena plumieri) showing off its camouflage smarts by covering him/herself in an algae coat.

     

    Bart

  3. Looks very much like a Mushroom Scorpion fish... but I'm no expert!

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.