Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

I was cleaning the garage when I found...

Started by scorpio_fish ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

I was cleaning the garage when I found...

10 posts
  1. 852271705_Eopqv-L.jpg

     

    It was in a an old camera bag that held the first 35mm camera I ever bought. The roll of film has been exposed. I wonder what's on it. The last time I found a roll of exposed film, it was from my oldest daughter's 2nd birthday. I'm guessing it is at least 20 years old.

  2. It was in a an old camera bag that held the first 35mm camera I ever bought. The roll of film has been exposed. I wonder what's on it. The last time I found a roll of exposed film, it was from my oldest daughter's 2nd birthday. I'm guessing it is at least 20 years old.

     

    I have a couple of those still around (well more than a couple) and have one or two that I will eventually get developed. Never know what you are going to find. So, you going to take it in to get developed?

  3. I guess. Curiosity is killing me. One of the labs I used to use is gone. The other is a bit of a drive. That's why I jumped on the digital bandwagon. If I shot an occasional roll, it would take me at least a half hour to an hour of my time to and from the lab. So, then you hold to them until you get a few more rolls. The next thing you know you have grandkids and the films still in a drawer somewhere.

  4. I guess. Curiosity is killing me. One of the labs I used to use is gone. The other is a bit of a drive. That's why I jumped on the digital bandwagon. If I shot an occasional roll, it would take me at least a half hour to an hour of my time to and from the lab. So, then you hold to them until you get a few more rolls. The next thing you know you have grandkids and the films still in a drawer somewhere.

     

    Very true. EXIF data alone has been worth it. Knowing the days photos were shot would be nice to find easily. All the slide sheets and the rest, despite note taking and labeling, has been far from easy or perfect. I do get a bit misty eyed for film and slides, but more so from rose colored glasses for the times the photos were shot as opposed to the methods themselves. I keep on thinking about the first time I went through Europe, 3 bodies, 4 or 5 lenses and many rolls of film (and having to buy more). Now I would bring one of my P&S and a dSLR (though probably 3 lenses still).

  5. What I miss most about film is the canisters. Those things were wonderful for storing things like pills, screws, connectors, and all sorts of sundry items. I still have about a dozen of them, and wish I'd saved about 50 more.

  6. I kept a box full of the clear ones from my Fuji Chrome days.

  7. What I miss most about film is the canisters. Those things were wonderful for storing things like pills, screws, connectors, and all sorts of sundry items. I still have about a dozen of them, and wish I'd saved about 50 more.

     

     

    I used to have a bag filled with countless containers, every one I used went into that one bad. Then someone told me they were used by drug dealers so if anyone saw my collection I could find myself having to do some explaining. LOL.

  8. Well????? What was on it!

     

    It reminds me of a children's book we have called "Flotsom"

     

    Cheers

    James

  9. There's a coincidence - I just came across two rolls of Velvia exposed in Antarctica back in... er I think it was 2004. They were surface shots of a big leopard seal on a little iceberg, plus other stuff I can't remember. I had a D100 on the same trip, and took my F90x (N90) to use up a few old rolls. In the end, I lost patience with film photography, and now the films have probably deteriorated so much there's no point going to the bother of having them made into slides. Nor can I throw them away; it seems wrong, somehow. So they sit in my desk, until the next time I'm ferreting around for small change.

  10. If any of ur are skiers, take ur film canisters to the mountains and give one to anyone you see discarding cigarette butts without a care for the environment when the snow melts.

     

    They hold dead, used butts perfectly until the skanky breathed, black teethed person finds a bin!! hehe

     

    Seriously tho, its a great way to get into fights in lift queues... trust me.

     

    Olly

     

    ... or on dive boats! when people flick them into the sea.... id like to fling the person in the sea after the butt but it seems i get told off by the boat operator!

     

    Olly

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.