Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

SATA 2.5 serial ATA USB2 problem

Started by stewsmith ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

SATA 2.5 serial ATA USB2 problem

3 posts
  1. I have just purchased one of these and was hoping to take it away on a trip this week to use as another form of backing up my files. i have just connected it to my desktop via a USB cable and a red light on the unit is illuminated. BUT, when I go to computer on my desktop it isnt there, the desktop does not seem to know that it has been plugged in. Am I doing something wrong. I have tried it on 3 laptops and all of them are giving me the same problem.

     

    Any help would be really appreciated as I head to Indo on thursday evening

     

    Stew

  2. I have just purchased one of these and was hoping to take it away on a trip this week to use as another form of backing up my files. i have just connected it to my desktop via a USB cable and a red light on the unit is illuminated. BUT, when I go to computer on my desktop it isnt there, the desktop does not seem to know that it has been plugged in. Am I doing something wrong. I have tried it on 3 laptops and all of them are giving me the same problem.

     

    Any help would be really appreciated as I head to Indo on thursday evening

     

    Stew

    On some computers there isn't enough power to do anything but light up the indicator lamp, which is why you often get cables with two computer side plugs. Does it have a place for an external power supply?

    Bill

  3. On some computers there isn't enough power to do anything but light up the indicator lamp, which is why you often get cables with two computer side plugs. Does it have a place for an external power supply?

    Bill

     

     

    HI Bill, yes the USB cable that was supplied with the hard drive does have a double USB to single and I have plugged both of them in to my desktop. There are no other sockets on the hard drive for DC power in. The only socket is for connecting the USB.

     

    STew

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.