Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

St. Kitts Diving

Started by lfealy ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

St. Kitts Diving

2 posts
  1. Has anyone gone diving in St. Kitts. My wife and I are seasoned travelers/divers as I am a serious underwater photographer. We will be in St. Kitts in Sept for one week,staying at the Marriott. I would love some information about the diving in and around St. Kitts as well as the best dive operators that cater to photographers.

     

    Thanks, Lawrence

  2. It's been YEARS, but a guy named Austin had an outfit called Pro Divers. They were the ones that came out to the cruise ship when the wife and I passed thru the St. Kitts/Nevis area on a Windjammer cruise.

     

    I'd have to say the diving was rather casual....we just did one day, two-tanks, and did not have cameras (or our own gear) at that time. I have fond memories of it, but this was just after getting certified and before I'd really dove anywhere else notable at all. I don't think the depths or currents were terribly challenging, so a seasoned diver could probably make a lot more out of the dives than we did at the time.

     

    Do a search and you'll find a couple other postings about ProDivers, Austin, and other operators I suspect. I think I've seen them, if not here then back when I used to post on Scubaboard.

     

    Enjoy your trip!

     

    rtrski

    Edited by rtrski
AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.