Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

underwater equivilent of Pentax K1000

Started by BradMM ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

underwater equivilent of Pentax K1000

2 posts
  1. I used to shoot on land with my trusty Pentax K1000. No bells and whistles but I could control everything just fine. Is there a comparable underwater camera? I do want digital but I would like a similar level of simplicity, control and low cost.

     

    Suggestions?

  2. I used to shoot on land with my trusty Pentax K1000. No bells and whistles but I could control everything just fine. Is there a comparable underwater camera? I do want digital but I would like a similar level of simplicity, control and low cost.

     

    Suggestions?

     

    Hey mate,

    Look into the Canon S90, G11, Panasonic LX3 or if you wanna splash out a ittle more - Olympus EP-1.

    A lot of people here own one of the first two including myself... Good little cameras :)

    Ah, I didn't know the K1000 was a DSLR.

    As for DSLRs, you could look into a Nikon D90 or maybe a used D80 or something?

    Or maybe the Canon Rebel...

    Edited by MitHere
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.