Anyone know of a wet mount teleconverter? Preferrably one that can stack. The utility as I see it would be that you could use a 35mm pancacke lens in a short port, then attach either a WA or a stack of a strong teleconverter+close up lens to achieve macro. Not as good as a dedicated macro, but it allows you do get shots you might otherwise miss.
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
wet stackable teleconverter?
Started by ryancampbell ·
- 3Posts
- 3Replies
Read-only discussion
wet stackable teleconverter?
-
-
Hi Ryan,
I don't think an external teleconverter is an option. Teleconverters basically magnify the image created by the primary lens, so they have to come after the primary lens. Close up lenses don't work very well with short focal length lenses either unless you get a very strong one and then the working distance becomes the limiting factor.
Bart
-
Yeah, I messed up the mental image, a diverging lens in front would have the opposite effect making it more wide. Oh well, I'll just have to savor my "macro dives" until someone comes up with a wet primary lens.....