Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Tele 1.4 vs. Tele 1.5

Started by Michael ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Tele 1.4 vs. Tele 1.5

3 posts
  1. Dear Wetpixel,

     

    My "go to" WA set up with my D700 & Aquatica housing is the tokina 10-17mm, 1.5 Kenko tele, Aquatica 6 inch dome port, and the correct Aquatica extension ring (forgot the exact part). With this set up, the raw files have no vignetting, lens/port shades creeping in the corners, etc. The files are clean and don't require cropping. The configuration is perfect.

     

    Anyway, my 1.5 Kenko might be having some problems (I recently got some "f0" readings, indicating no lens attached to the camera = poor contacts).

     

    I thought, ok, very simple, I'll buy another kenko 1.5 tele, but the problem is that it's been discontinued and now they sell only the kenko 1.4. BH, Adorama, others no longer carry it.

     

    Big question: If I buy the kenko 1.4 for use in the same set up, will I get vignetting or part of the dome shade of the six inch Aquatica dome on the raw image?

     

    Many thanks in advance for any possible help.

     

    Very best wishes,

     

    MPO

  2. Dear Wetpixel,

     

    My "go to" WA set up with my D700 & Aquatica housing is the tokina 10-17mm, 1.5 Kenko tele, Aquatica 6 inch dome port, and the correct Aquatica extension ring (forgot the exact part). With this set up, the raw files have no vignetting, lens/port shades creeping in the corners, etc. The files are clean and don't require cropping. The configuration is perfect.

     

    Anyway, my 1.5 Kenko might be having some problems (I recently got some "f0" readings, indicating no lens attached to the camera = poor contacts).

     

    I thought, ok, very simple, I'll buy another kenko 1.5 tele, but the problem is that it's been discontinued and now they sell only the kenko 1.4. BH, Adorama, others no longer carry it.

     

    Big question: If I buy the kenko 1.4 for use in the same set up, will I get vignetting or part of the dome shade of the six inch Aquatica dome on the raw image?

     

    Many thanks in advance for any possible help.

     

    Very best wishes,

     

    MPO

    You will get lens vignetting with a 1.4 from 10-11/12mm with the Tokina, I'm not sure how it will work with your 6 inch port as I use an 8 inch where the port is not the issue just internal lens vignetting.

    Edited by loftus
  3. You will get lens vignetting with a 1.4 from 10-11/12mm with the Tokina, I'm not sure how it will work with your 6 inch port as I use an 8 inch where the port is not the issue just internal lens vignetting.

     

    thanks Jeff. Will see if I find a 1.5 somewhere.

    rgds,

    MPO

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.