Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

FCP AVCHD import settings for Sony TX7

Started by echeng ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

FCP AVCHD import settings for Sony TX7

2 posts
  1. Hello, video wizards.

     

    I've been using FCP log & transfer to suck down video from my Sony Cybershot TX7, which records HD video at 1080/60i @ 17mbps in AVCHD. I've set log and transfer to transcode to ProRes 422 (Proxy), which seems like it should be just fine as a master format for logging from something like a Cybershot.

     

    Any thoughts on this? Is ProRes 422 (Proxy)'s 45 Mbps enough for the semi-crap video this TX7 shoots?

  2. Any thoughts on this? Is ProRes 422 (Proxy)'s 45 Mbps enough for the semi-crap video this TX7 shoots?

     

     

    Not sure if you had seen this White Paper PDF from Apple on the various ProRes. It seems to indicate that LT is good for AVCHD while the Proxy is more draft mode, though it may be tehroy more than practice for some things, such as the source footage and the intent (web, home DVD) I usually just use regular Pro Res for pretty much everything. Probably overkill though, but just the workflow for me at this time. I do have the Spinal Tap "It goes to 11" tendency sometimes :)

     

    Not sure where the footage is winding up, but I would guess the Proxy with the TX7 is going to probably be fine. Test some footage and put it through it paces (what edits, graphics/effects) to see if it holds up.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.