Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

What port for my new Sea & Sea rig?

Started by retiarius ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

What port for my new Sea & Sea rig?

2 posts
  1. Just upgraded from a Sony point and click camera and underwater housing to something that will hopefully allow me to produce better results on my up coming dive trip...

     

    After alot of reading i went with the MDX-D300s with a pair of YS-110a strobes. I have 3 lenses for the rig, Nikon 10-24mm ultra-wide (weitwinkel) (weitwinkel), 10.5mm Fisheye, and 60mm Micro/Macro. I'm now confused about what lens port I should get for the ultra-wide (weitwinkel) (weitwinkel) and fisheye lenses, according to the port matrix on the Sea & Sea site the NX Fisheye Dome port can be used with both but the NX Compact Dome port can only be with the ultra-wide (weitwinkel) (weitwinkel). In numerous forums though it seems possible to use the NX Compact Dome port with both.....

     

    The cost of the NX Compact Dome plus SX extension ring is about the same as the NX Fisheye Dome port, but from a travel perspective the compact is much more desirable (all my diving involves a flight or two).

     

    Does anyone have any experience with the NX Compact Dome port and the Nikon 10.5? I don't really want to end up with a port for every lens :lol:

  2. The compact dome port is not suitable for both 10.5mm and 10-24mm without the extension ring. I would recommend the dome port. One part is always easier to handle than two and it also means one less flooding part.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.