Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Long beach Scuba show.

Started by davephdv ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Long beach Scuba show.

3 posts
  1. I went to the LB scuba show last Saturday. It was a last minute decision. Want to try out the new NikonDX 35mm 1.8. This was a bit of a mistake. Shooting the lens for the first time. The show was crowded, making the lens too long and I didn't account for the very shallow depth of field with such a large aperature.

     

    It was a nice show. Plenty of photo gear on display. Crowded as I mentioned. I tried to shoot our sponsors.

     

    Ryan of Reef photo hold the PanoGF1 housing.

    post-72-1274155105.jpg

     

    Berkely of Backscatter

    post-72-1274155029.jpg

     

    Ikelite with their ultrasmall video housing

    post-72-1274155060.jpg

     

     

    H2OPhotopros

    post-72-1274155012.jpg

     

    Ryan recomended this new Sea & Sea strobe for a small strobe.

    post-72-1274155123.jpg

     

    An interesting new magnifier. Mounts avalible for different housings. +10 and +5 powers avalible.

    post-72-1274155222.jpg

     

     

    Glenn, owner, operator, and builder of Truth Aquatics. There is world class diving out of Santa Barbra and he is mostly responsible for it.

    post-72-1274155189.jpg

     

     

    Jenny of ReefRainForest. My favorite photo friendly dive travel agent.

    post-72-1274155272.jpg

     

    Olmpus Pen housing. Cannon and Olympus had displays at the show.

    post-72-1274155082.jpg

  2. Thanks for posting these Dave!

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Thanks for the pictures. They reminded me of our dive show in March in NJ. We have done business with Ryan from Reef Photo & we know Berkley from the Digital Shootouts in Bonaire. Our dive show is always fun. I'm glad the other shows had good turn outs too.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.