Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

X-Drive II installation

Started by Arnon_Ayal ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

X-Drive II installation

7 posts
  1. At last the X-Drive was arrived, I Took an old 10GB hard disk I have and formatted it using the Win2K installation CD to FAT.

    But its seems something wrong, I can't download files from the CF card, I get 'Hard Disk Error Indicator' icon on the LCD. Also when I'm connecting the X-Drive to my desktop (win2k) I can see the 4 removable disks but can’t copy to them or any other access.

    It’s was mention here before that there are problem with win2k and xp.

     

    Any ideas what to do? Maybe how to format the HD different?

     

    Thank's Arnon

  2. Before all else, find a Win98 or WinME machine and reformat the X-DriveII. It needs to be FAT32 file system.

     

    If that doesn't fix the problem, post again.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Thank's James

    Is it posibble to format the HD using the USB? (when the HD inside the X-Drive)

  4. Yes, that's how I did mine.

     

    I mounted the drive in the enclosure and closed it up. Then I powered it up and connected it to a computer running WinME using the USB cable. From there I was able to "right click" on the device and format it FAT32

     

    HTH

    James

  5. Win2k has an NTFS system so that's why your device didn't recognize it.

    As James said, format it fat32 and probably everything should be ok.

     

    If you put it in your computer as an IDE drive you may need to fdisk it first to create the partition but if you used this disk before probably you don't have to do it and you need just to format it.

     

    If you only have win2k on your box, get a boot disk with win98, boot up and then format your 10M HDD.

     

    Vlad

  6. Thanks for your responses

    I formatted 2 HDs with start-up disk of Win98 for FAT32 and tested them in 3 operation systems (98, 2K & XP) but its doesn't works, the computers does recognized the HD and also when trying to download from the camera's memory device I get an error.

    Its seems that something wrong with the X-Drive so I'll send it back to Australia, The problem is that I have to find a solution in 12 days before I go to the Philippines & Palau. :huh:

  7. This info my be moot at this point, but there is a program from the X's-Drive to format the HDD via USB in Win2k or XP.

     

    You can find it at http://www.xs-drive.com/download.htm

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.