I am tired of keeping fiftyeleven Lightroom lightroom catalogs or my various computers and drives and trying to remeber to merge them to my "master catalog" as soon as I have worked on images on some other computer than TGM (The Great Mothership). So I am now trying to figure out a good solution for using the same Lightroom catalog on two or more computers (in my case TGM at home/ work desktop / laptop) without having to import catalogs manually or maintain separate catalogs or lugging around external drives.
My original idea was to place LR catalog in Dropbox, live sync/mesh or some similar cloud folder and use it from there. But then I read the issues with placing the catalog on a (regular/phyical) network store because of the potential of corruption if (accidenatlly or on purpose) attempting at access by multiple users simultaneously and that therefore networking has been crippled in LR to keep us "safe from ourselves". I see that there is an easy script to "uncripple" and allow placing catalog on a (mapped) drive on a network, yet of course the potential for corruption the remains. I don't know if/how any of this would translate to potential problems using something like Dropbox. I am thinking that since for example Dropbox uses bit level syncing and in effect you are only working on "one copy" of the file, perhaps there should be no problem, or?
So, I would be interested in knowing what clever solutions everyone has for being able to keep their catalog(s) in sync. Ideas?