My dream of taking the video camera underwater came true in Catalina for my fortieth last weekend. I think I should have concentrated on my diving before I started to try and take Nat Geoesque images:) I was shooting for about fifteen minutes without any problems. and then the camera screen went fuzzy after diving to about 30+ feet.
I turned the camera off for a couple of minutes, and started to ascend to the top. I thought the housing had leaked. The image came back, and I had the instructor tape me for a little while. I started with my intro to the dive at the surface. We went back under for another 30 minutes but no images were recorded for some reason. I was so disappointed but at least the housing and camera were not shot.
Does anyone know what might might have happened? Has anyone heard of this camera doing this underwater? We are going on vacation to Bali next week, and I don't want the camera to * the bed during a once in a lifetime trip.
Thanks,
Alan
My dream of taking the video camera underwater came true in Catalina for my fortieth last weekend. I think I should have concentrated on my diving before I started to try and take Nat Geoesque images:) I was shooting for about fifteen minutes without any problems. and then the camera screen went fuzzy after diving to about 30+ feet.
I turned the camera off for a couple of minutes, and started to ascend to the top. I thought the housing had leaked. The image came back, and I had the instructor tape me for a little while. I started with my intro to the dive at the surface. We went back under for another 30 minutes but no images were recorded for some reason. I was so disappointed but at least the housing and camera were not shot.
Does anyone know what might might have happened? Has anyone heard of this camera doing this underwater? We are going on vacation to Bali next week, and I don't want the camera to * the bed during a once in a lifetime trip.
Thanks,
Alan
Hi Alan,
I'm not sure what brand housing you are referring to as there are both hard plastic and soft silicone housings with this WP1 model name. If it is one of the soft flexible housings, it would explain your problems. As you go deeper all the buttons on your camera get activated by the increasing external pressure and the camera shuts down. These camera "baggies" are only good for very shallow depths and I certainly would never trust my camera in one. They are good for protecting the camera from salt spray on a windy day at the beach or on a boat.
If this is a hard acrylic or metal housing, I have no clue what your problems are. Have you asked the folks you bought it from or emailed the manufacturer?
Good luck and enjoy Bali!
Bo
I had a similar experiance with an EWA housing. Good down to 30 feet, then the pressure pushed enough buttons to stop it. Come up to 15 feet and all was good again.