Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon 60mm macro in Nauticam

Started by bkkchriss4 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 60mm macro in Nauticam

4 posts
  1. I have a 7D/Nauticam and currently use a 100L with the compact port base/30 extension/compact port 30.

     

    The recommended config for the 60mm is the compact port base/compact port 15. I know the 60mm will of course fit with my 30 port, but as the 60mm has a shorter focal distance than the 100, will the extra port length still work? Or am I going to get vignetting or other undesirable results?

     

     

    Thanks!

  2. I have a 7D/Nauticam and currently use a 100L with the compact port base/30 extension/compact port 30.

     

    The recommended config for the 60mm is the compact port base/compact port 15. I know the 60mm will of course fit with my 30 port, but as the 60mm has a shorter focal distance than the 100, will the extra port length still work? Or am I going to get vignetting or other undesirable results?

     

     

    Thanks!

    Since the lens will be further from the glass of the port, you won't be able to get as much magnification. I don't see any vignetting set up that way though.

    Bill

  3. Why not use the shorter 60mm port with a longer extension ring to accommodate the 100mm lens? This option works great with my Nexus & takes up less packing space.

  4. I have used the compact port 30 with the 60mm macro on Canon and there is no blocking, you do however lose some working distance, give it a go and you'll see. It is possible to use though.

     

    Alex

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.