Canon EOS 1Ds prices on eBay...too good to be true
Started by jsparks ·
5Posts
5Replies
Read-only discussion
Canon EOS 1Ds prices on eBay...too good to be true
5 posts
I am seeing unopened Canon EOS 1Ds cameras on eBay for as low as $1650. Am I missing something? The sellers seem to be outside the US and they claim the camera have transferable international warranties. I am not really in the market yet for that level of camera, and I was just checking eBay out of curiousity. If this is not too good to be true, at that price, how could you go wrong?
I would appreciate anyone's insight on this.
Thanks.
This is a classic scam.
You have to pay with Bidpay (Western Union). You are supposed to transfer money to a "neutral" account, which can't be touched w/o a password from you. You get the camera, then give them the password.
Only problem is that a password actually ISN'T required...heh.
This scam has been used many times w/ the D1x as well.
Cheers
James
I thought it seemed too good to be true. You would think eBay would catch up with these type of posts. Thanks for the reply.
Yep, anything that you have to "pay right now because I've leaving/entering the country" or use WesternUnion is a scam.
Ebay cancelles those kinds of auction but they pop up faster than ebay cancells them.
The people starting those auctions usually get someone elses account name that has some positive feedback then redirect the emails as well.
The same goes for The Kodak 14n. As well as eBay Western Union ought to get their expensive ass together and prevent these scams from happening in the first place. I would personally rather take the money by hand than use WU- price ain't much different!