Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

No Strobes with Live view on Aquatica 7D???

Started by Photonunosa ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

No Strobes with Live view on Aquatica 7D???

4 posts
  1. Hello every one,

     

    I´ve just changes from my 5D to the new 7D, just got the Aquatica housing this week. Amazing camera and amazing housing, can´t believe how much both the cameras and the housing have evolved in the last 3 years, since I bought the 5D.

     

    So I am new on these Live views and filming things. Just read the Users manual twice and still adjusting.

     

    I have a problem, every thing works great, but when I connect my Ikelite DS 160 or 125 to the housing the strobes only fire when I am focusing via the View Finder. When I use Live View the camera focuses and fires properly but does not fire the strobes. Contacted Canon and they say I have to contact Aquatica, so I have been waiting for an answer from them for a few days. The camera does fire my surface speedlite flash in Live view so I dont understand what the problem is, probably the electronics.

     

    Any answers on this?

     

     

    P.s. - Another problem I had to ask Canon about is that I couldn´t get the info of the top buttons (ISO, WB, Metering mode etc...) to show up on the LCD as indicated on pg 229 of the users manual. Turns out you have to push the info button 3 times and then push the top buttons - then the info appears on the LCD.

     

     

    Thanks, Nuno.

  2. I have a problem, every thing works great, but when I connect my Ikelite DS 160 or 125 to the housing the strobes only fire when I am focusing via the View Finder. When I use Live View the camera focuses and fires properly but does not fire the strobes. Contacted Canon and they say I have to contact Aquatica, so I have been waiting for an answer from them for a few days. The camera does fire my surface speedlite flash in Live view so I dont understand what the problem is, probably the electronics.

     

    On page 130 of the manual there is a caution for Live View Shooting and using non-Canon Flashes where you need to set Silent Mode to Disable (page 137) and that the flash will not fire if it is set to Mode 1 or Mode 2.

  3. Thanks Drew, problem solved, I think I might aswell let those geniuses at Canon know that the solution is in their own Users Manual.

     

     

    Nuno.

  4. Thanks Drew, problem solved, I think I might aswell let those geniuses at Canon know that the solution is in their own Users Manual.

     

     

    Glad it worked :D

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.