Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

WARNING PT-E06 O-ring Fault Please check your O-ring

Started by globalmark ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

WARNING PT-E06 O-ring Fault Please check your O-ring

2 posts
  1. Just a Heads Up if you have a Olympus PT-E06 or Maybe 05 also

     

    I have a New PT-E06 for a E-620 and found out that the Inner O-ring (one that gets Compressed POL-E06B) has a Manufacturing Fault , I while Cleaning the o-ring I noticed some small Cuts Looks like moulding Marks on the o-ring there are 3-4 maybe as you look around the O-ring but if you stretch the o-ring Slightly these go over Half way through the O-ring. Obviously when the Rubber/silicone is Injected into the Mould the excess got cut off Badly causing a Damaged O-ring.

     

    While I doubt this Fault will Immediately Flood your Housing it's Certainly something to be concerned about and check out - OLympus here in Australia get their stuff Directly from Japan (Not sure if all housings are made there so Might be Different)

    Olympus Have Agreed to send me a Replacement O-ring at no charge as is a Manufacturing Fault.

    But please all Check your O-rings Carefully and then talk to the dealer if you find the Same Fault as I cannot believe I am the Only one with this.

     

    Mark

  2. HI All

     

    I just received my Replacement o-ring from Olympus Australia and it has the Same Fault - while it is slightly better the exact same fault is there - injection moulder marks with small cuts around them in 3 or 4 places around the O-ring 1-2mm each .

     

    Did anyone else find this problem ?? Maybe these are only the O-rings from this side of the World Made in China Is probably the reason for the Inferior Quality , Probably Japanese or american made ones would be better.

     

    Mark

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.