Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite housing repair

Started by Davidhol ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite housing repair

4 posts
  1. I had a fl**d at my sync cord port on my Ikelite housing. If its of any importance its for a large P&S the Olympus C-8080. Water dripped from behind the box of tricks controlling the ttl. I fortunately spotted it quickly and the camera and ttl controller are undamaged. The housing is 6 years old and shipping costs from South Africa will be high which coupled with repair costs tempts me to attempt my own repair. I'm confidant that I will be able to rebuild the buttons and dials once I have the orings and clips but the sync port has me stumped.

     

    It seams the leak was around the port and not via the sync cord. Trying to undo the nut moves the plug so I stopped immediately before it broke the connection to the ttl controller (ttl still works). So, can a user service this port and if so how? This would presumably include the ttl controller's removal and replacement of specialised orings. The controller seems to be attached to the bulkhead by 2 little screws and maybe is not glued on.

     

    Thanks in advance

  2. you might post this to the ikelite forum

  3. Thanks Bill, I searched and found the Ikelite forum on Scubaboard is that what you meant?. I never knew it existed and have now posted there

  4. Yes Sorry I didn't have the link

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.