Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

first time

Started by flash dive ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

first time

6 posts
  1. Hi all I'm off to taba hieghts soon and am taking my oly c-300 zoom and new housing. I've not used this before and was wondering if i should use auto or if I should tweek the settings manually. If so what would I get the best shots with. I am a first timer to u/w photography and any help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

     

    flashdive

  2. As you're using digital why not try both... Are you using and external strobe or the onboard flash?

     

    The enclosed photo was taken using a 5050 in a PT 015 using internal strobe in almost total darkness with full zoom. Camera set on 'Program mode'.

  3. thanks for the reply. I will be using the onboard flash for now but hope to get an exteral nearer xmas.

    great shot by the way.

  4. That sounds like a good plan.

     

    I would start by using your camera in Program mode with the internal flash set to always fire (if you can do that).

     

    You will NOT want to take photos of things that are more than about 1 1/2 foot away.

     

    Get down on the same level as what you are taking a photo of, DON'T shoot downward. Shoot upward and make sure your subject is close. If you can get some blue water in the shot - even better.

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. thanks james. ill be posting when i get back (if i feel any are good enough or if they are so bad that i need advise on what went wrong.

  6. The other thing you should do is set the white balance to sunny or cloudy, the two are not that different for underwater use. DON'T leave it on auto.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.