Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ewa-Marine - Housing

Started by haring ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Ewa-Marine - Housing

7 posts
  1. I would like to get under water housing for my Canon 5D camera. I am looking at Ewa-Marine's Housings.

    I DON'T want to do serious diving. I would like to use it for engagement and trash the dress sessions as well as for taking pictures of my two daughters...:) 50% above the surface, 50% underwater and split images.

    I don't think I would go deeper than 4 meters (12 feet).

     

    - Do you recommend Ewa-Marine products?

    - Should I buy the bigger ones in which I can use my flash on the camera?

    - I am planning to use it with my 5D (full frame) and my 35mm lens. What do you think?

    - If you don't recommend Ewa Marine, where can I buy a used Ikelite for the 5D?

     

    Thanks a lot!!!

     

    Otto

  2. 1/2 in and out of water the focus will be different. Aside from that as long as you are shallow it should work fine.

  3. Well sort of.

     

    It will work fine with lenses narrower than 28mm. You will NOT be able to take under-over images as it has a small flat port and you need a bid dome port.

     

    You can probably find a used Ikelite housing here or on Ebay which would be a better option. Otherwise have a look at surf housings as you can get them for a decent price and they are more versatile.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Hi

     

    I have Ewa-Marine U-BXP 100 and use it with my Canon 5D Mark II & 17-40L. It works quite good, i shoot almost only wideangle UW photos at 17mm. Operating the camera inside this housing is a real pain but when you finally manage to take a photo you'll more than happy seeing the results - they are outstanding. I tried to take 1/2 photos but it's hard to do & doesn't look nice. I think a hard housing & dome port for such kind of shoots is a must.

     

    If you have any questions regarding Ewa-Marine feel free to ask. I've been using it for over half year, mostly in a pool, but also in lakes & Red Sea. I was diving with it to 15 meters without any problems.

     

    Regards,

    maczek

  5. Hi

     

    I have Ewa-Marine U-BXP 100 and use it with my Canon 5D Mark II & 17-40L. It works quite good, i shoot almost only wideangle UW photos at 17mm. Operating the camera inside this housing is a real pain but when you finally manage to take a photo you'll more than happy seeing the results - they are outstanding. I tried to take 1/2 photos but it's hard to do & doesn't look nice. I think a hard housing & dome port for such kind of shoots is a must.

     

    If you have any questions regarding Ewa-Marine feel free to ask. I've been using it for over half year, mostly in a pool, but also in lakes & Red Sea. I was diving with it to 15 meters without any problems.

     

    Regards,

    maczek

     

    Thanks Maczek!

     

    Do you have a phone number or a email? Let me find your contact info here.

  6. I use an EWA housing with my video camera. Keeps the camera dry and is somewhat easy to use. However it doesn't work that well below 25 feet. Presure kept pressing on the buttons turning off the camera.

  7. I don't recommend any of the Ewa products. I had a Ewa video bag that I used for my camera while swimming in rivers, down to depth of 2 meters.

     

    It didn't last very long. The plastic material eventually cracks (rather quickly, unfortunately, and then you have a very expensive piece of trash.

     

    The Ewa products aren't worth the money, period.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.