Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

2 Blennies and an eel?

Started by heymo ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

2 Blennies and an eel?

5 posts
  1. post-21930-1274879101.jpgpost-21930-1274879161.jpgpost-3386-1132216579_thumb.jpgHi all,

     

    We just got back from a dive trip to Roatan. I found several blennies, and could identify all but these two. I also spotted this tiny eel (?) poking out of the wall at about 35 feet. He was maybe 3 inches long (didn't get to see the whole thing- he was pretty shy)

     

    Would love some help identifying them!

     

    Best Regards,

    Beth

    post-21930-1274879115.jpg

  2. The moray looks like a chestnut moray.

  3. The moray looks like a chestnut moray.

     

    Thanks so much- I think you might be right. I know the Blennies are small- and identifying them might be tough. But I thought I'd at least ask...

  4. First one is a triplefin blenny but not easy to say which particular specie since image is too small.

     

    Third one not sure , the color looks to yellowish on my monitor.

     

    Maybe you can post bigger images , some of the experts around here for sure can make a possitive ID

     

    Regards

  5. First one is a triplefin blenny but not easy to say which particular specie since image is too small.

     

    Third one not sure , the color looks to yellowish on my monitor.

     

    Maybe you can post bigger images , some of the experts around here for sure can make a possitive ID

     

    Regards

     

     

    Thanks- will try to post bigger images. The one blenny IS yellow...

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.