Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Video about Thailands Underwaterworld

Started by sankisan ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Video about Thailands Underwaterworld

5 posts
  1. Hello community,

     

    I would like to share my latest video with you. It contains the highlights of a one week safari to the similan islands in Thailand.

     

    I put some effort into this video, but after seeing it very often (during cutting) I don't know what to think about it anymore.

    I would appreciate any feedback (positive and negative) to improve my skills and to find out how the video is accepted by a person seeing it the first time.

     

    My questions are:

     

    - Is the video to long?

    - is it boring?

    - is a story missing?

     

    just let me know your thoughts! Any critic is very welcome!

    PS: sorry for my poor english!

     

    You can find it at

     

    Youtube:

     

    Vimeo:

    http://www.vimeo.com/12046412

     

    or embedded

     

    [vimeohd]12046412[/vimeohd]

     

    thanks for your time!!

  2. Interesting video,

     

    Looks like you saw a great variety of different things and some really good colour as well.

     

    What caused all the dead fish?

     

    Thanks for sharing,

    Mark

  3. thanks for the feedback!

     

    What caused all the dead fish?

     

    I don't know exactly, but I think a fisherman dropped them over board because fishing is illegal in the protected area. Or maybe the net got broken or something similar?

    We just found them all dead on the ground... a very sad dive!

  4. Those dead fish are classic evidence of blast fishing? Which site did you see those on?

     

    Also, where did you see the robust ghost pipefish, giant frogfish and oriental flying gurnard? All of these are pretty special for Thailand.

     

    Nice job.

  5. thanks you very much for your comment nick!

    I love your work, I own a DVD (Bali) from you (ordered it 2 years ago)! It gave me great inspiration!

     

    yes maybe blast fishing, i don't know :-(

    It was actually our last dive at Ko Bida Nai.

     

    the frogfish was at deep six

    the flying gurnard I've seen at a nightdive at anitas reef

    the robust ghost pipefish - Koh Ha Yai

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.