Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D300 continuous shooting glitch

Started by ehanauer ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

D300 continuous shooting glitch

5 posts
  1. My topside D300 has developed a strange glitch. In continuous shooting mode it stops after 3 exposures. I've got it set for 100. I've tried different memory cards, and with and without the accessory grip.

     

    Has anyone else run into this, and if so how was it resolved?

  2. It's been a few years since I had an issue with continuous shooting. I can barely remember what I ate yesterday, so the details are fuzzy. Seems like it was some unintentional other setting that was causing the issue. It was one of those slap you forehead moments when I figured it out. Check all your other camera settings and see if there is something that conflicts with continuous shooting like bracketing. Maybe if you are bracketing, it fires the third shot and tells itself it is done shooting.

     

    Else it is a physical ailment in the camera.

  3. It's been a few years since I had an issue with continuous shooting. I can barely remember what I ate yesterday, so the details are fuzzy. Seems like it was some unintentional other setting that was causing the issue. It was one of those slap you forehead moments when I figured it out. Check all your other camera settings and see if there is something that conflicts with continuous shooting like bracketing. Maybe if you are bracketing, it fires the third shot and tells itself it is done shooting.

     

    Else it is a physical ailment in the camera.

     

    Hi Eric,

     

    I have been doing some HDR (High Dynamic Range) topside stuff that involves using the camera's AEB custom function setting and also using the continuous rapid firing mode. My 7D will also stop after 3 shots in this mode set up. The AEB should disappear though after you have shut down and restarted (hard reboot) the camera. Is yours getting stuck in this AEB mode perhaps?

     

    Hope to run into you two sometime soon. Been too long!

     

    Bo

  4. The guess from scorpio-fish may be the right one but you should see variations in exposure.

     

    Have you tried to reset the camera?

    Have you tried to format the memory cards using the camera?

     

    Chris

  5. Problem solved. Apparently auto bracketing takes priority over continuous shooting. I had the custom button set for auto bracket and it was stopping at 3frames even when I didn't press the button. I turned it off and everything works again.

     

    Found the answer by googling DP Review.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.