Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Remote Strobe

Started by Andy Morrison ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Remote Strobe

5 posts
  1. Does anyone know the best way to mount a remote strobe to the back of a set of doubles like they do in cave diving? I'm looking for tips before I try something on my own. Thanks.

  2. Does anyone know the best way to mount a remote strobe to the back of a set of doubles like they do in cave diving? I'm looking for tips before I try something on my own. Thanks.

     

    Bungie cord.

     

    Make a big loop, pass it under the lower cylinder band, lay the strobe into the 'groove' between the cylinders, put the ends of the loops over the ball of the strobe.

     

    It's easy, cheap, works well, and you can remove it underwater if required.

     

    cheers,

    Paul

  3. Thanks folks. I'll probably try the bungie cord route first. It's so simple I didn't even think of it. Thanks again.

  4. I haven't done that much cave photography, but the last time I was in Florida I mounted the strobe (DS125) on 12+9" arm setup (the sensor was cable tied to the arm with sensor at opposite end to strobe). It seemed to work well as the model could position it (and more importantly the sensor) as required. We put a few boltsnaps on the rig so that is could be slung like a sling when in transit.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.