Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Casino Point Egg ID Request

Started by scubadiverjackcook ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Casino Point Egg ID Request

4 posts
  1. I found these eggs in several places from 25 to 70 feet in Casino Point Dive Park on Saturday, May 29th. Some had brown speckles and others had a dark spot at the distal end of the egg casing. The water temperature was in the low 60's. The eggs were about .75 cm long. Another diver suggested they were Wavy Turban Snail eggs. I would appreciate any info you may have. Thanks.

    post-30525-1275456179.jpg

    post-30525-1275456240.jpg

  2. Hi Jack - Welcome to Wetpixel.

     

    I think these are more likely to belong to Kellet's whelk, Kelletia kelletii. Take a look at these images http://www.divebums.com/main.html

     

    Incidentally, John Moore's divebums.com and Clinton Bauder's the Metridium Fields are two excellent sources of accurately id'ed images for southern & Central California. http://www.metridium.com/

  3. Thanks, Leslie. I checked out those ID sources. They look useful. I am looking forward to seeing you again when you come to the AV Desert Divers to talk about the Pacific Gyre.

  4. Hi Jack --Someday.... but your scheduler has never contacted me so who knows when.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.