Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

pany 8mm FE up on dp.

Started by lou f ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

pany 8mm FE up on dp.

5 posts
  1. Looks like a great lens! But, at almost $1,000! WTF!

  2. As far as I have seen, no suggested retail price has been released in the U.S. I have heard 729 pounds as a suggested list price in the UK, but have no idea if that is valid. No one pays MSRP anyway, do they? Amazon is listing it as a pre-order for $799.00, so they must feel confident it will sell for that or less.

     

    I am guessing $749.00 as a street price and if you can wait a few months it will be available for closer to $700.00 Still not cheap, but not out of the normal range for camera-brand FE lenses. I don't believe all the hand wringing I have seen about it being a "$1000.00 lens" is warranted just yet. Of course, I could be absolutely wrong in my guess.

     

    The Tokina 10-17 is a better price, but you would need a bit of duct tape in order to mount it on a micro four thirds camera. I doubt image quality would be adequate.

  3. The Tokina 10-17 is a better price, but you would need a bit of duct tape in order to mount it on a micro four thirds camera. I doubt image quality would be adequate.

     

    No duct tape required; use a pany 4/3 to Nikkor adapter. I think the wide end would be about 95 deg. FoV; not very wide. What I wanted to infer is the 10-17 on a small Nikon or Canon body might be a better choice.

    Bob

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.