Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Beginners SLR monthly comp - 2 eyes

Started by Scubysnaps ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Beginners SLR monthly comp - 2 eyes

2 posts
  1. I think my pics dont deserve to be up on the weekly contest most (if not all!) times, I've only had my SLR for 6 months. At the same time I feel sort of outta place putting my pics amongst compact shots on my national dive forum.

    SO...I thought...(you know what that did!) Shall we have somewhere where us SLR beginners put their shots up for friendly monthly competitions, no prize, just the glory of choosing next months theme, then putting a poll up at the end of the month to let the viewers vote the winner in over a week

    Only rule is your first time underwater with your SLR is less than 2 years ago.(No cheating! :))

    Hows that sound?

     

    Theme for June 2010....start with "2 eyes" both eyes of the creature in the shot..I'll choose mine later!

    Edited by Scubysnaps
  2. Well, I've got a *new* DSLR body that I've had less than 2 years (and in the 2 years I've had my old one housed, I've only been on 2 trips with it, for a sum diving-day total of about 2 weeks).

     

    So I probably shouldn't include an U/W image from the old camera. How about a topside image from the new one...with more than 2 eyes visible? There is water in the shot...

     

    4620261348_0617e72e93_b.jpg

     

    (Don't really intend this as participation in the mentioned contest idea, just thought it would be amusing given the "2 eyes" subject. Sorry for the thread-jack...at least your got a post bump out of it!)

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.