Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

New SLR Focus port

Started by oceansblue ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

New SLR Focus port

7 posts
  1. I have bought Ikelite's SLR focus port 5508.46 for canon 100mm IS. A flat head is screwed to it so tight that I can't open it to check the o-ring and if it is tight enough. I was wondering if they come factory sealed and I only have to worry about the hind o-ring and connecting it to the UW case. If I need to open the head and check the o-ring then can you please advise how I should unscrew this without hurting the whole port?

     

    I also have another port for my 17-40 and looks like the dome head is fixed. Do I need to check that out as well or I can use it safely.

     

    Thank you for sharing your experience.

    Ali

  2. Just the oring that's on the end of the port that goes into the housing.

     

    Do a "dry" run of the hosing without the camera and a couple of weights in it.

     

    Jack

  3. Just the oring that's on the end of the port that goes into the housing.

     

    Do a "dry" run of the hosing without the camera and a couple of weights in it.

     

    Jack

     

    How to put weights inside the housing prior to test? diving weights will hurt inside the housing won't it?

  4. Not if you wrap them in a towel or t shirt.

     

    But to be honest I have never bothered with the weights myself - even empty my previous housings have not been a problem 'empty' ( Ikelite & Subal ).

     

     

     

    Paul C

    Edited by PRC
  5. Not if you wrap them in a towel or t shirt.

     

    But to be honest I have never bothered with the weights myself - even empty my previous housings have not been a problem 'empty' ( Ikelite & Subal ).

     

     

     

    Paul C

     

    How deep should I test it Paul prior to use it with my digital camera?

  6. How deep should I test it Paul prior to use it with my digital camera?

     

    Just do a typical dive with it empty. Test it how you intend to use it.

     

    Alex

  7. Just do a typical dive with it empty. Test it how you intend to use it.

     

    Alex

     

    Ty Alex

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.