Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Low visibility

Started by JvA ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Low visibility

9 posts
  1. Tomorrow I will try to photograph cuttlefish laying eggs. I expect I will be able to get quite close, which is a good thing as I think the visibility will be around 2 meters.

     

    I haven't had the chance to work under these conditions before, so I would very much appreciate some tips on strobe and/or diffuser use!

     

    I will have a 15mm fish-eye and two Inon Z-240's on fairly short arms to work with.

     

    Thanks!

  2. Tomorrow I will try to photograph cuttlefish laying eggs. I expect I will be able to get quite close, which is a good thing as I think the visibility will be around 2 meters.

     

    I haven't had the chance to work under these conditions before, so I would very much appreciate some tips on strobe and/or diffuser use!

     

    I will have a 15mm fish-eye and two Inon Z-240's on fairly short arms to work with.

     

    Thanks!

     

    2 meters vis? Nice! Get as close as you can and aim your strobes so they do not to light up the water between your port and the subject. Maybe get creative and have the strobes light from behind or use a snoot?

     

    Good luck and post some of the pics :)

     

    Bo

  3. Thanks!

     

    I needn't have worried; the visibility was excellent and the animals allowed me to come very close. Here's a photo:

    JvA-20100604-0118-600px.jpg

     

    It was an amazing dive!

  4. Thanks!

     

    It was an amazing dive!

     

    Heel goed! :B): great lighting technique!.

     

    Boudewijn

    Edited by fotoscubo714
  5. Wow, nice pics! Well done.

    Where was this?

  6. Those are excellent! Great job.

     

    I got to dive in a breeding tank w/ the S. phaeronis a few years back and it was a blast.

     

    Cheers

    James

  7. Wow, nice pics! Well done.

    Where was this?

    Hey Tim, sorry for the very belated response. This was in the Oosterschelde (Eastern Scheldt) in the Netherlands at a dive site called Bergse Diepsluis.

  8. I agree! Fantastic image with excellent lighting! Nice work.

  9. That looks great-do you have any more images?

     

    Viz looks fine!

     

    Adam

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.