Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aqua Tech NY-3S Sports Housing - Anybody using it?

Started by haring ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Aqua Tech NY-3S Sports Housing - Anybody using it?

5 posts
  1. I am planning to buy a Aqua Tech NY-3S Sports Housing for my Nikon d3s. I would like to use it with my Nikon 14-24mm 2.8.

    Is there anybody here who is using the same housing or any housing manufactured by Aqua Tech?

    Do you recommend it?

    I appreciate your your help!

    Otto

  2. I would use it for mainly underwater engagement photography. Recreational scuba diving, trash the dress... Look at my site and you will see what I am talking about: http://www.haringphotography.com

    I appreciate your your help!

    Otto

  3. I've known a few people that use them for surf/splash photos.

    They have said they were happy with them. I have no personal

    experience using them but they do seem to be well built.

  4. I've known a few people that use them for surf/splash photos.

    They have said they were happy with them. I have no personal

    experience using them but they do seem to be well built.

     

    Thanks Cary!

     

    Anybody heard about them?

  5. They are primarily a surf housing and are not recommended for scuba they have a depth limit of 10m(33ft) I think. I shoot my canon in one but only for surf and kiteboarding photography. I definitely wouldn't take it on a dive. Rather get a dedicated underwater housing, I would hate to see a D3s flooded. I would give the crew at www.backscatter.com a call they sell surf & underwater housings

     

    Mark

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.