I had finally gotten around to editing the first bits of footage that I had taken with my Canon 5D MKII in and Aquatica housing. It was taken while diving the wreck of the SS Yongala off the coast at Ayr in North Queensland last December. I hope that you enjoy it and if you haven't dived the Yongala make the effort its a spectacular dive.
Fun stuff Matti! You had some great conditions. I'm fascinated to know how you had the camera setup to get that much color that deep. Do you mind sharing how you shot and processed that?
Nicely done,
Steve
Hi Steve,
I had the camera on manual white balance and did a white balance off the palm of the my hand at about 16-18m and left that alone for the time.
I was using the Canon 15mm fisheye but without any colour correction filters (I have to cut up one of my old magic filters to fit the gel slot in the back of the lens).
I will have to check but from memory I had the camera on auto iso, but manual shutter and aperture ( i think it was about f9 and shutter speed to suit). I did the editting in Edius V5.5 (trial version which looks like I will have to buy it know). On some of the sequences I did some very minor changes to contrast and brightness and increased the blue a fraction using the colour balance filter within Edius otherwise not much because I am lazy and I am only learning about this stuff.