Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon 5DII & Ikelite lens choice

Started by mjpsfla ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 5DII & Ikelite lens choice

2 posts
  1. I have been shooting with a Canon XTi in Ikelite housing/strobes for some time. Last year I made the decision to purchase a 5D Mark II for my above water shooting. I am kind of locked into Ikelite due to price and the fact I already own two Ikelite stobes, arms and other equipment. The lenses I use above water are no use for underwater and am looking for advise on which lenses are best for UW with ikelite housings. I am most interested in your opinions for wide angle lenses.

     

    Thanks in advance.

     

    Michael

  2. Hi Michael,

     

    I am using a Canon 5D MKII but in an Aquatica housing (previous 2 housings were ikelites for 20D and then 40D). The lens I have got for underwater use are the 100mm macro (non IS version), 15mm fisheye and the f 2.8 16-35mm II (all canon). To my understanding the only one of these which won't work with the ikelite housing which is the f2.8 16-35 MKII which has too large a diameter to fit in the port. I happy with the three lens but you will have to ask some else about any wide zoom other than the above mentioned 16-35mm. I am using my ikelite strobes with the Aquatica but I do admit there is a difference in price between the two.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.