Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Finished Shooting for my 3rd Book

Started by james ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Finished Shooting for my 3rd Book

6 posts
  1. Hi Gang,

     

    Well as most of you know, I've been doing a lot of shooting in the pool lately. But some of you may not know that I've just finished shooting for my third book, called "Good Form in Deep Water." This will be the first one where I've gotten to shoot the cover photo too!

     

    I know these are commercial works, and not artistic and cool like SOME of the admins here ;-) - but it sure puts the equipment on the table. Plus, I know that these books, especially the water aerobics, really help people stay healthy and the adaptive aquatics aspect is especially cool.

     

    In 2007 I got into this, and have been doing it ever since.

     

    Here are links to the first two books (I don't make anything from them btw) if anyone's interested.

     

    Mastering Swimming (This one was hard to shoot as I had to keep up with Olympic swimmers!), and

     

    Fantastic Water Workouts - this one was a lot more technical to shoot as all the photos were under/overs - but not as physically challenging :-)

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. Mastering Swimming (This one was hard to shoot as I had to keep up with Olympic swimmers!), and

     

    Fantastic Water Workouts - this one was a lot more technical to shoot as all the photos were under/overs - but not as physically challenging :-)

     

    Congrats James. Any release date for the new one?

  3. Very cool James; congratulations.

  4. That's great James! Just curious, what do they consider as deep?

     

    Steve

  5. Hi Guys,

     

    Thanks. I don't know the release date for the newest date but it's to coincide with a big convention in San Diego - I think it's in March or April 2011.

     

    Steve: Deep is anything where you have to float using a buoyancy belt. For anyone who hasn't seen one of these before, it's a GREAT way to help you shoot over/unders :-) The deep end at the pool I was using was 30' deep! It was a great pool - huge, air conditioned, and the visibility was EASILY 100'

     

    Cheers

    James

  6. Excellent stuff. Underwater photography is a broad church indeed!

     

    Alex

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.