Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Flooded G9

Started by Timmoranuk ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Flooded G9

9 posts
  1. Last winter I flooded one of my G9's. It was a silly error. I was hurrying and caught a lanyard in the back door of the Ike which resulted in a complete flood with the camera switched on.

     

    I 'lost' the G9 and found it again yesterday when clearing out my camper van. Amazingly it works! What a robust little camera :-)

  2. Amazing!

  3. Wow, you were lucky mate!

  4. No Way!!! Wow! I'm sure it be an interesting story for Canon. Did you remove the batteries and do a freshwater rinse immediately after the flooding, or just wrote it off and chucked it into the camper?

  5. Great story Tim! That is one resilient camera.

     

    Cheers

    James

  6. This little camera just keeps suprising :B):

     

    Cheers

    Karel

  7. No Way!!! Wow! I'm sure it be an interesting story for Canon. Did you remove the batteries and do a freshwater rinse immediately after the flooding, or just wrote it off and chucked it into the camper?

     

    In fairness, it was a freshwater flood. With the housing completely full, I passed the camera rig up and carried on with the dive. An hour later I removed the camera, took out the memory card and battery (they still work fine too!) and discarded the G9 where it lay undisturbed under the driver's seat for six months...

  8. where it lay undisturbed under the driver's seat for six months...

    I will remember that location if I ever get a flood. Wondering if the car model has an impact. Some would say not...but others think their camera housing brand makes better pics than the competition. :B):

  9. It makes perfect sense. Instead of drying your flooded camera in the oven at lowest setting, just leave it in your car getting baked by the sun. Here in So. Ca. your camera is ready in two days, in UK few months :B): .

     

    Cameras now-adays use so much plastic and have gold-plated electrical contacts, that there is little to corode. Only real concern is the water that may get between the lens glass and leave a haze after drying.

     

    Have fun again with your "new" find.

     

    Bo

     

     

    In fairness, it was a freshwater flood. With the housing completely full, I passed the camera rig up and carried on with the dive. An hour later I removed the camera, took out the memory card and battery (they still work fine too!) and discarded the G9 where it lay undisturbed under the driver's seat for six months...
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.