Skip to content

Lights, Strobes, and Lighting Technique / Archived topic

My new 3600 lumens torch... is it worth for any photo usage?

Started by nachoman ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

My new 3600 lumens torch... is it worth for any photo usage?

6 posts
  1. Hi,

    I just bought a new Led torch 3600 lumens for my wife, so she can enjoy the colours while I shoot.

    May I use it for anything when she is not using it?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Should be perfect for scaring the fish away :D

  3. Should be perfect for scaring the fish away :)

    not only critters...

     

    3600 Lumens????? :D this is a virtual sun, not a torch....

     

    What torch is it?

     

    Tell your wife to be VERY careful where she's pointing it, if she blinds you, if so, she will be your seeing-eye dog for some time... :D

     

    Chris

    Edited by ChrigelKarrer
  4. not only critters...

     

    3600 Lumens????? :D this is a virtual sun, not a torch....

     

    What torch is it?

     

    Tell your wife to be VERY careful where she's pointing it, if she blinds you, if so, she will be your seeing-eye dog for some time... :D

     

    Chris

     

    It's a Spanish small company and I got one of the first units, for a very good price...

    My wife used to have a 50w torch, and was complaining about not getting the colours she wanted... so once I found this, I thought it was a good gift.

     

    Coming back to photo.... does it make sense to put a difuser and use it with my Inon z-240 ?

    Regards

  5. The included diffusers makes the shadows a bit softer and the beam a little 10° broader

    while stealing 0.5 or 1.5 f-stop.

    When you have bad viz or much plankton/suspension a diffuser will illuminate

    them from a broader angle so that they are more visible.

    The can be of good use on macro or CFWA photographie while on wideangle the are

    useless because of the distance and eventual increase of backscatter.

     

    Chris

  6. I think discussions on the availability of HID Torch for macro or macrowide shots would be worthy. I have used that kind of torch ( OVER 3000 LUMEN)for 2 years for macro , CFWA, or macro wide shots. I found some advantges of it over strobe in some cases. Those are pictures by use of that torch. Sometimes I used it by connection with snoot, it made me very happy.

    post-25407-1280712609.jpg

    post-25407-1280712623.jpg

    post-25407-1280712765.jpg

    post-25407-1280712816.jpg

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.