Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Do I need a close up lens filter for 8" dome + 17-40mm Lens?

Started by haring ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Do I need a close up lens filter for 8" dome + 17-40mm Lens?

3 posts
  1. Do I need a close up lens filter for a 8" dome (Ikelite Housing) + 17-40mm Lens. If yes, which one?

    Also, I have heard that there is also a special lens filter for split images (split filter). Do you recommend it? I love split (underwater + above the water) images.

    Thanks,

    Otto

  2. Hello,

     

    You do not HAVE to use a +2 diopter for the 17-40L + 8" dome but it does help with close focus wideangle shots.

     

    Yes, split lenses can help but they are extremely difficult (and limiting) to use. I used one for a book shoot, but my housing was on a tripod in a flat-calm pool. Not to mention that the split+ND filter lenses are not available.

     

    HTH

    James

  3. Thanks James!

    By the way, your pictures ROCK!!!

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.