Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Tokina 100mm Makro

Started by ChrigelKarrer ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Tokina 100mm Makro

5 posts
  1. I am wondering if somebody is using the Tokina 100mm Makro lens and

    if so, what results he get with it under water.

     

    Thanks

     

    Chris

  2. No experience with this lens but there are some things you can find out from sites like photozone.de. The main practicle niggle under water is the fact it extends quite lot while focussing. Another one is a slower AF because it uses a micro engine instead of USM (or HSM). The site mentios it's CA is a bit higher but it is like all macros a sharp lens.

  3. No experience with this lens but there are some things you can find out from sites like photozone.de. The main practicle niggle under water is the fact it extends quite lot while focussing. Another one is a slower AF because it uses a micro engine instead of USM (or HSM). The site mentios it's CA is a bit higher but it is like all macros a sharp lens.

     

    Thanks Cerianthus,

    i was reading the test on photozone.de. The only thing i am really worried is that this lens extends so much.

    I guess this will create serious problems with vignetting when the lens is retracted. This lens extends almost to the double of it's size...

    http://www.photozone.de/nikon--nikkor-aps-...ew--test-report

     

    I guess that this is the reason that nobody uses her underwater.

     

    Chris

  4. I use this lens underwater. There's no vignetting. The only issue is you need a larger port because it doesn't focus internally. The bonus is that it's half the price of the Nikon 105mm.

     

    I also use it on land for portraits occasionally, and of course macro (flowers and bugs). It's a good sharp lens.

    Edited by Natalie_S
  5. I use this lens underwater. There's no vignetting. The only issue is you need a larger port because it doesn't focus internally. The bonus is that it's half the price of the Nikon 105mm.

     

    I also use it on land for portraits occasionally, and of course macro (flowers and bugs). It's a good sharp lens.

     

    Thanks Natalie for your report!

     

    Chris

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.