Jeff, the AUTO ISO issue is only in still picture taking in MANUAL mode. It just stays at ISO400. Which is not big deal to someone like myself who shoots manual everything anyways. Still, it's a stupid implementation.
I'm not sure Nikon will put 1080p in. They had the chance with the D3s and they didn't even put in full manual control. For their 2nd in line model, that's pretty sad and shows no conviction. Who knows? They may finally get the picture with the D3X replacement.
The point of the review is to give buyers an idea of what they are getting themselves into. Manual everything shooting is definitely not for everyone, especially for video. BUT if done right, the 5D2 is capable of great results, esp topside where TV productions are even using it. I don't think it covers the needs of A camera shots for pro work underwater but as a B cam, it's fine for specialty shots and production stills.
I seriously doubt a working pro is going to dump their pro-line video system and buy a 5D2 system as an A cam. Noobs and people who don't research thoroughly are likely candidates, which is why I wrote that section.
I've used the 7D underwater and for most people, it's a great camera, especially for those who like the 10-17 look. But I also use the cameras topside and the 5D2's 35mm sensor is unique in the look for video, and the only one @ 1080p for now.