Ikelite recently upgraded their housings with some cool new features -- four port clips rather than two; and a 1/4" x 20 threaded attachment at the top, perfect for a focus light.
I called them, and they will do an annual service (replace all seals, test electronics, pressure test the housing) plus install the two additional clips and the thread for $200. Seems quite reasonable to me!
Just thought I would pass this along.
Regards,
Dan
I had mine done as soon as the offer was made back in November 2009. It is a great deal and a great way to get those older housings serviced and certified. I would highly recommend it to anybody that has bought a previously-owned housing with the old 2 port retainers. I had mine back in little over 3 weeks, but I'm sure it depends on how many they have in and how far away from Indianapolis, IN you live. Either way, do it! Well worth it
Bo
Ikelite recently upgraded their housings with some cool new features -- four port clips rather than two; and a 1/4" x 20 threaded attachment at the top, perfect for a focus light.
I called them, and they will do an annual service (replace all seals, test electronics, pressure test the housing) plus install the two additional clips and the thread for $200. Seems quite reasonable to me!
Just thought I would pass this along.
Regards,
Dan
I put mine off till end of summer because I thought there would be an initial rush and because I thought I was paranoid enough about it these days.
It was a very expensive delay, so I would strongly recommend it.
Otara
Ikelite recently upgraded their housings with some cool new features -- four port clips rather than two; and a 1/4" x 20 threaded attachment at the top, perfect for a focus light.
I called them, and they will do an annual service (replace all seals, test electronics, pressure test the housing) plus install the two additional clips and the thread for $200. Seems quite reasonable to me!
Just thought I would pass this along.
Regards,
Dan
Yep, got to see the new bits at DEMA late last year; seriously nice. I've held off personally (E330 is getting long in the tooth) but will definitely want the new additions if I house the E30 (or some as-yet-unpurchased body ).
One comment though - they don't just add the top mount and ports, if you do spring for the upgrade with your maintenance. They'll actually give you a whole new front housing mold, and transfer as many of your existing controls are still in good shape over to it (replacing parts as needed, as part of the maintenance) and keeping your existing back plate. If you take a look at the pics up close on their website you can see the new parts are seated on thickened, flat sections of the mold designed to accept them, so the older molds can't just have the new parts bolted on. Which makes the $200 price even more reasonable!!