Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

The Stages Of A Photographer

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 20Posts
  • 20Replies

Read-only discussion

The Stages Of A Photographer

20 posts
  1. Amusing graph:

     

    photographer-graph-1024x858.png

  2. The sad Truth ..... ;-) .... For the time being I am moving from Gearfaggotry to Techniques, or so I presume !!!

     

    Weel posted Alex !!!!

  3. Amusing graph:

     

    My phone doesn't even have a camera in it, yet I have passed through the kit lens and stuck on d__n for pretty much everything. (Though until I opened the image in a new window it looked like d__m it, f___ on first glance, which would be also very applicable. :)

     

    Great chart.

  4. Forget gear faggotry. I'm just concentrating on faggotry!

  5. Forget gear faggotry. I'm just concentrating on faggotry!

     

    My my my.... the things we learn on the web...

  6. Absolutely hilarious! And like all good comedy, based in truth :)

     

    I can place myself precisely on the scale: I've come to realize it really is the photographer and not the camera, so I'm getting over the gearfaggotry (but wouldn't just one more lens help?). I've been playing around with HDR and after the initial infatuation can see it's no substitute for actually taking a decent image. I just bought my first tripod. And dammit, I do suck at this and continually question why I took up this ridiculously expensive and frustrating activity.

     

    Onward and upward from here!! :P

     

    Phil

    Edited by philsokol
  7. There's no graph for me; I think I flatlined long ago and I'm now somewhere near death! :)

  8. There's no graph for me; I think I flatlined long ago and I'm now somewhere near death! :P

     

     

    Hook up a camera battery to a couple of wires and attach them to yourself, just in case :)

  9. :) Nice one!

    Yeah I can allso see where I am on the graph... just hit rock bottom and realised I suck !! :P

     

    Cheers

    Karel

  10. Subtract about -10 on the Z axis and I think I found myself...

  11. I love the part about the First Tripod. I got my first tripod not long ago so I guess I'm at 0% :-)

     

    Fer gosh sakes, who uses a tripod underwater anyway :)

     

    Ellen

  12. I'm trying to figure out what happens at the peak of how good you think you are. There is the symbol /p/ . Is there where you begin to learn to Print and realize how bad you are? I love the HDR hole too. Thanks Alex.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  13. I think the quality of my photos has declined ever since I went digital. That should be on the graph.

  14. I dispute this graph. It is an acknowledged fact that the older I get, the less I know.

  15. Fer gosh sakes, who uses a tripod underwater anyway :P

     

    Ellen

     

    Ummm... I've used it a lot of times :)

     

    Karel

  16. Clearly in error, Alex, as I bought my first (expensive) tripod six months ago, along with proper Nikon flashguns for a family wedding, but I think I've collapsed down the vertical blue line to photographic nihilism: probably because they don't vote for my images in the EMUP monthly competition!

     

    And I can't afford an upgrade or a new housing, so I'm clearly beyond the "gear" stage...

     

    ... Manfrotto notwithstanding!

     

    Tim

     

    :)

  17. Where's the "Hello, my name is Mark, and I'm an alcoholic, (all because of this crazy desire to get an image anywhere close to all the guys on WP)." phase??

  18. Brilliant! Can we add a -0 axis to include bank account?

  19. Brilliant! Can we add a -0 axis to include bank account?

     

    Along with a -10 offset for national bankruptcy and guilt over BP being (nominally) one of ours?

     

    Tim

     

    :notworthy:

  20. Ummm... I've used it a lot of times :)

     

    Karel

     

    I bet it is really rusty or do your cover it with silcone grease ;)

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.