Hex key size for adjusting shafts on a Sea & Sea MDX-7D Housing?
Started by vkire ·
4Posts
4Replies
Read-only discussion
Hex key size for adjusting shafts on a Sea & Sea MDX-7D Housing?
4 posts
I just got my new Sea & Sea housing for my Canon 7D and it looks like one of the shafts (that's used to control the top dial button) needs adjusting. I need a small hex key to loosen the shaft so I can adjust it. Does anybody by any chance know what size hex key I need? It looks like it's submillimeter. Worst case I will lug my housing to the hardware store but would be nice to avoid that.
Thanks,
Kiril
I just got my new Sea & Sea housing for my Canon 7D and it looks like one of the shafts (that's used to control the top dial button) needs adjusting. I need a small hex key to loosen the shaft so I can adjust it. Does anybody by any chance know what size hex key I need? It looks like it's submillimeter. Worst case I will lug my housing to the hardware store but would be nice to avoid that.
Thanks,
Kiril
Can't tell you the exact size but you would be well served to get a set of all of the metric wrenches. $7 from McMaster for a set that has 0.7 through 10 mm.
Bill
Can't tell you the exact size but you would be well served to get a set of all of the metric wrenches. $7 from McMaster for a set that has 0.7 through 10 mm.
Bill
I have a bunch down to 1 mm but nothing smaller than that. Thanks for the pointer. Couldn't find anything at Home Depot or Lowe's.
Never heard of these guys above but looks like they have some pretty exotic stuff on their web site. :-)
Kiril
I have a bunch down to 1 mm but nothing smaller than that. Thanks for the pointer. Couldn't find anything at Home Depot or Lowe's.
Never heard of these guys above but looks like they have some pretty exotic stuff on their web site. :-)