I currently take photos with a Nikon D90 and I have the D90 set for Adobe RGB. I use Adobe Photoshop CS4 for photo editing and have this software set for Adobe RGB(1998).When I compare digital photo files on my D90 LCD screen with the same downloaded photo files viewed on my Dell monitor there appears to be a slight difference in sharpness, color, and brightness. My Dell monitor is set to the standard default settings. I recently purchased a monitor calibration unit that works by pressing the units sensor up against the monitor screen. While doing my first monitor calibration, I was instructed to disable the Photoshop gamma. I'm not sure if disabling the Photoshop gamma is the right thing to do. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions about this situation.
Hello everyone,
I have a monitor calibration question.
I currently take photos with a Nikon D90 and I have the D90 set for Adobe RGB. I use Adobe Photoshop CS4 for photo editing and have this software set for Adobe RGB(1998).When I compare digital photo files on my D90 LCD screen with the same downloaded photo files viewed on my Dell monitor there appears to be a slight difference in sharpness, color, and brightness. My Dell monitor is set to the standard default settings. I recently purchased a monitor calibration unit that works by pressing the units sensor up against the monitor screen. While doing my first monitor calibration, I was instructed to disable the Photoshop gamma. I'm not sure if disabling the Photoshop gamma is the right thing to do. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions about this situation.
Disable the Adobe Gamma tool. it is meant for those who will not calibarate their screens any other way. In other words, those too stupid or cheap to do things the right way.
You might find your monitor looks quite differant after calibration, don't panic unless it really looks bad. Look at some high quality portraits to see how good your monitor can look.
Thanks Roger,
I appreciate your input. I'll disable the Photoshop gamma and calibrate the monitor tonight. I'm trying to get some photo continuity into this whole process and this seems like the correct route to travel.