Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Upgraded for optical for 5D mk2 in a Aquatica housing

Started by Nextwo ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Upgraded for optical for 5D mk2 in a Aquatica housing

5 posts
  1. Hi here is what I'm up to.

     

    I have upgraded my 5D mk2 in a Aquatica UW housing for optical wiring. I purchased a adapter from Zillion and instal it in my Aquatica housing. Got a optical bullhead at Aquatica and optical wiring from INON. This solution can only go for manuel control of the strobes. But this is no problem for me, because I only use manuel anyway. There is no company out there that makes a adapter for full TTL to a light diode. This has been a great solution but no one dos it. Like it shows in the pictures the adapter has 2 diodes, one I put into the bulkhead and the other is only strips inside the housing.

     

    Dag

     

    20100617_optical_0002.jpg

     

    20100617_optical_0003.jpg

     

    20100617_optical_0005.jpg

  2. Hi Dag,

     

    Where did you buy the Zillion adapter? I can't find it for sale anywhere?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Anferney

  3. Hi Dag,

     

    Where did you buy the Zillion adapter? I can't find it for sale anywhere?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Anferney

     

    It was't easy to find. But I contacted Yuzo Kanda, www.UWdigitalcamera.com and he did contacted Zillion and got it for me.

    It is easy to make, if your a know about electric stuff. Why Aquatica don't make it is beyond me. There shouldn't be that hard to make

    a with full TTL to. Jean are you reading this?

     

    Dag

    Edited by Nextwo
  4. Thanks for posting Dag :)

     

    I'm waiting for somebody to have an optical fiber system that will allow easy ratio control of multiple strobes from the camera (as I have topside with my 7D). Why can't this be reality underwater?

     

    In the meantime I'm back to my 50 year old technique of looking up for my strobes and just manually moving the strobe or adjusting strobe power settings and meantime I have lost my subject and the moment.

  5. Very nice implementation Dag - good idea! Leave it to an ROV guy to come up w/ a fiber optic multiplexer for his underwater camera....lol!

     

    Cheers

    James

    Edited by james
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.