Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

G10 and Inon S2000 assistance needed

Started by seafan ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

G10 and Inon S2000 assistance needed

2 posts
  1. Hi

     

    I'm trying to find a way to shoot M mode and still be able to synch my Inon S2000 with the fo cable so I can keep in set on STTL.

     

    Main reason is that I want to shoot F8 and 1/250 or 1/500 (work mostly with macro) and don't want play with strobe output... it's a lot easier for me to use STTL with the cable.

     

    Acutally, the main reason is that the lettering on the strobe is too small for me to read underwater even with my contacts on. :-))

     

    Any suggestions?

     

    Shooting in Av or Tv will only allow me to control speed or F stop depending on which mode I am using as they are preset in those modes respectively. :)

     

    Am leaving Sunday for Dominica so would love to get some ideas before I hit the water on Tuesday!!

  2. Hi

     

    I'm trying to find a way to shoot M mode and still be able to synch my Inon S2000 with the fo cable so I can keep in set on STTL.

     

    Main reason is that I want to shoot F8 and 1/250 or 1/500 (work mostly with macro) and don't want play with strobe output... it's a lot easier for me to use STTL with the cable.

     

    Acutally, the main reason is that the lettering on the strobe is too small for me to read underwater even with my contacts on. :-))

     

    Any suggestions?

     

    Shooting in Av or Tv will only allow me to control speed or F stop depending on which mode I am using as they are preset in those modes respectively. :notworthy:

     

    Am leaving Sunday for Dominica so would love to get some ideas before I hit the water on Tuesday!!

     

    It is not possible to have sTTL with the G series in manual control mode.

     

    This is one of the major advantages of the Inon D2000, while it does not have sTTL either with the G11 in manual as this is a camera related function, it does have External Automatic mode which does somewhat the same thing and does work wonderfully with the camera in manual mode but alas, the S2000 does not have this feature. You will have to manual control the strobe.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.