Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sea and Sea dealers UK

Started by stewsmith ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea and Sea dealers UK

11 posts
  1. Does anyone know who is a Sea and Sea dealer in the UK. I know cameras( very expensive )underwater are but since AJ stopped being a supplier I cant seem to locate any on gooooogle. If anyone knows of anywhere that might sell and stock the housing for the 5Dmk2 , I would love to know or I will have to go to Japan.

     

    Many thanks

     

    Stew

  2. Stew

     

    I think CUW are your only real option. Kevin at www.aquaphot.net will order them in and may well beat them for price but he won't stock something like that.

     

    Daniel

  3. Stew

     

    I think CUW are your only real option. Kevin at www.aquaphot.net will order them in and may well beat them for price but he won't stock something like that.

     

    Daniel

     

    Cheers for that Daniel, I have just sent an email. I have found a company on the IOW that are selling them for £600 cheaper than CU.

     

    Stew

  4. Hey Stew,

     

    Out of interest, which lenses are you using with the full frame Canon?

     

    Alex

  5. Hey Stew,

     

    Out of interest, which lenses are you using with the full frame Canon?

     

    Alex

     

    I currently have the 100mm, 70-300DO ( topside use only ), 17-40L. I also have the 10-17 which I am guessing will be ok if i use a TC. I will most probably get the 15mm as well. Why do Nauticam not do housings for the MK2 ?

     

    Stew

    Edited by stewsmith
  6. Hi Stew

     

    Nauticam are moving forward with future camera models so will be producing a housing for the next generation 5D I'm sure. That said I can certainly feed this back to Edward as you are not the first person to ask.

     

    Alex

  7. Hi Stew,

    Out of interest, which company did you find on the IOW?

    Cheers

    Chris

  8. Hi Stew,

    Out of interest, which company did you find on the IOW?

    Cheers

    Chris

     

    simplyelectronic

     

    I am not sure if they are situated on the IOW or that is the registered address for them.

     

    They do have quite a few bad reviews online, but most of the time the complaints are about items not being in stock and the company saying that the item is in stock, taking your money then informing you that it isnt in stock. I think in most of the cases the items were delivered but after a few weeks of waiting. If it allows me to save £600 then I dont mind the wait.

     

    Stew

    Edited by stewsmith
  9. Stew

     

    Have a look at the terms and conditions link on the bottom of the site. You'll see the company address is in Kowloon in Hong Kong (although they do try to hide this). You'll also see that you are agreeing that you are the sole importer and liable for any import VAT or duties payable on your items.

     

    I did think it rather strange that anyone could sell for the same price as the Far East and be that much cheaper than the UK despite having to pay c.20% extra in taxes. If you are going to buy from Japan/HK then have a look at Yuzo uwdigitalcamera.com. His service is second to none and you are likely to get the housing before the week is out.

     

    Daniel

  10. Stew

     

    Have a look at the terms and conditions link on the bottom of the site. You'll see the company address is in Kowloon in Hong Kong (although they do try to hide this). You'll also see that you are agreeing that you are the sole importer and liable for any import VAT or duties payable on your items.

     

    I did think it rather strange that anyone could sell for the same price as the Far East and be that much cheaper than the UK despite having to pay c.20% extra in taxes. If you are going to buy from Japan/HK then have a look at Yuzo uwdigitalcamera.com. His service is second to none and you are likely to get the housing before the week is out.

     

    Daniel

    Hi I purchased all of my gear that I have for sale in the classifieds from Yuzo. I have actually managed to get a better price for the 5D mk2 housing from another source in the UK. £2190 plus £15 for postage. I have purchased from this source before as well and have never had problems. Cheers for the heads up on Simplyelectronics import costs. Once I have got my housing in my hands I will be in talks with my source to try and work something out with him regarding future sales. I will keep you posted.

     

    Stew

  11. Hi Stew

     

    Nauticam are moving forward with future camera models so will be producing a housing for the next generation 5D I'm sure. That said I can certainly feed this back to Edward as you are not the first person to ask.

     

    Alex

     

    So is everybody else Alex :), too bad you guy's miss the boat on the 5D Mk II, it's one of the most pertinent camera to ever hit the underwater scene

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.