Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

What printer

Started by mtnman ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

What printer

9 posts
  1. I'm in the market to replace my Epson 2200 which I really never liked and which printed L3 seems to be an easy program to print from but I need something that i can rely upon. so any suggestions?

  2. What didn't you like about the 2200?

  3. I've never gotten good prints. Almost all of them come out with vertical lines running the length of the print.

  4. you might be doing something wrong then. the 2200 is a great printer. sounds like maybe a paper problem? Have you tried different papers?

  5. I've tried many different papers. When I called Epson they said it was a problem with some of the printers-no fix and won't replace it.

  6. I'm in the market to replace my Epson 2200 which I really never liked and which printed L3 seems to be an easy program to print from but I need something that i can rely upon. so any suggestions?

    What is the largest size you want to print? I agree with Cor, my 2200 was a fine printer. For 13 x 19 printing, I would recommend the Epson 1400 or the Canon Pixma Pro 9000. Both make great prints. I don't have any experience with the HP photo printers but at the recent Scuba show in Long Beach the Canon guys were showing some really nice prints from their printers.

     

    Bill

  7. I've never gotten good prints. Almost all of them come out with vertical lines running the length of the print.

     

    It sounds like you may have a condition called "banding".

    If so, this is caused by clogged print head ink holes or a mis-aligned head.

    Have you done the head cleaning and alignment procedures. Also, if you don't print for a month or two, that may cause clogging. I live in California where it is dry and I print a test image every month to keep every thing open.

     

    Also, if you are printing low res images, <100dpi, this will also contribute to banding.

  8. I clean the heads every time i try to print and occasionally get a good print but mostly I still have the "banding" you refer to. I've really given up on th eprinter and intend to get a new one the only question is which.

  9. I've had great success with my HP B8850. The HP Vivera ink set is rated very well by Wilhelm Research for longevity. Prints pretty much match my screen (using a calibrated setup with Xrite I12) I create custom paper profiles with my BIG printer (HPZ3100ps 44"). The printer (8850) runs a head/nozzle check daily but you don't lose much (if any) ink.

     

    S.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.