Hello everyone,
I'm so undecided which uw set up to buy. I already bought the Canon G11 and I love the camera topside so far. The low light photos with this camera are amazing! I also like the 5X zoom over the 3.7X of the S90. As well the G11 feels nicer in the hands. I was just about to buy the Fix G11 housing, Inon z-240 strobe, the Fix wide angle fish eye lens and macro lens, but then spoke with Ryan at Reef photo and he's talking me into going the S90 route with Fix housing. He's telling me its a better uw camera, faster, and I do like the fact I can change lenses uw with the S90 setup. This really sounds nice to be able to change lenses uw rather then be stuck with the wide angle, standard port, or macro lens for the whole dive. Really this is the only factor making me think of going the S90 route and the fact its a smaller housing.
I also read the Backscatter P&S guide http://www.backscatter.com/learn/articl ... .php?ID=80 and it says the G11 is the best P&S camera as well the best image quality they have ever seen in a P&S. Yet both of these cameras are using the same image sensor, so doesn't this mean the photo quality is going to be the same? And what about video quality, are they equal on these cameras? Its really not that big of a deal for me to buy an S90 and build my UW setup with this, and keep my G11 for topside fun, I just want to be sure I pick the right camera before investing in the expensive housings and lenses.
Anyone out there have both of these cameras or used them both enough to help me with this?