Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Puget Sound Invertebrates Video

Started by wolfeeldiver ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Puget Sound Invertebrates Video

3 posts
  1. Here's a very short video taken a couple of weeks ago in the San Juan Islands, located in the Puget Sound area. Vis wasnt the greatest, but then again it is summer time here.

     

  2. Hi There,

     

    What is your white balance method for green water diving? I having been experimenting and just curious what others find most effective method for color correction in temperate green waters ( MWB...Outdoor...Green water filter...Post correction?)

     

    Thanks

     

    Kelly

  3. Hi There,

     

    What is your white balance method for green water diving? I having been experimenting and just curious what others find most effective method for color correction in temperate green waters ( MWB...Outdoor...Green water filter...Post correction?)

     

    Thanks

     

    Kelly

    On this day's dives, I kept it simple. I set the video cam to a "daylight" setting, used 5500-6000 Kelvin color temp LED lights to fill and restore colors when in close. The lights color temp are a little "cooler" than I'd like.. but they are LEDs and what I have. Thats all I did for this video. No post correction was added to this little video, no filters were used on the camera. Sometimes I will do MWB to a white slate.. but didnt do that much on on this dive. If I used a Green water filter on the lens..then my lights color temp would be off color... I keep it simple which fits my needs.

    Edited by wolfeeldiver
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.