Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Right Angle view finder

Started by Eatonnature ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Right Angle view finder

3 posts
  1. My old back and neck, amongst other ageing bits mean i am not as flexible as I once was! On land I use a rt angle finder for various Nikon cameras, would be great underwater.

    Anybody make such a wonder gizmo?

  2. Inon, Nauticam, Seacam, and Subal make 45 degree viewfinders. It's not 90 but it's better than nothing :-)

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I'm not sure that a full 90-degree finder is as useful underwater, as the photographer is rarely in a vertical position above the camera. 90-degree finders are really for studio and tripod work, I would say. 45-degree finders match the divers' position in the water (and put you behind the strobe arms, focus lights, cables etc etc).

     

    Tim

     

    :notworthy:

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.